Is Group Training Right for My Dog?
Group dog training classes are a great way to work on many areas of training with your dog, but not all dogs enjoy the group training atmosphere. Some dogs with dog and human aggression problems or phobias of new places do better in the one-on-one setting that private training offers. Take a look at the below checklist to help determine if group training is right for your dog!
- Has your dog ever bitten you or anyone else? Y/N
- Has your dog ever growled at you or anyone else? Y/N
- Has your dog ever bitten another dog? Y/N
- Is your dog afraid of new people? Y/N
- Does your dog tend to withdraw in new situations? Y/N
If you answered yes to two or more of these questions, private training might be a better option for you. If you answered no to these questions, then group training class could be a great fit for you and your dog.